About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 1/2 hours!

I made it home safe and sound...FINALLY!!  It took five and a half hours to get home today/tonight from work.  I know there are others still on the road, I hope they are safe.

It was pretty slow moving from the beginning and I don't think I went faster than 25 mph the entire drive.  And I might have had to pee on the road, so am glad I had a large cup with me - 'nuff said!  The snow is coming down so quickly, the roads don't look like they have even been plowed...none of them!  We easily have 6-7 inches here at the house with a few fallen tree limbs and one lucky Betty the Nova :)  Unfortunately the Husband is going to hole up at work tonight - love him and would love to wake up beside him, but there is no way his Honda will make it home.  Thought I'd share some pics... Be safe everyone! 

As I type this, the electricity has faltered three times, but hasn't gone out yet....need to go find some candles! 

And as I told the Husband today, it wouldn't be my birthday without snow :)

Pine Trees in backyard

Heard a limb break back in the woods...

Shade Tree in backyard

Happy dog :)

Japanese Maple

Crepe Myrtle

Tall Bush - well it was...

Front yard tree...honestly, not sure what type it is...

VERY LUCKY BETTY :)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pics of your trees Sue...are you still at the jeweler's? :)

    ReplyDelete