About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Big Lebowski...

Originally written on Jan 20th

Yeah, I don't even know what this post title is (a movie, I think?) but the saying pops into my head everytime I think of the upcoming event in my life. 

I'm turning thirty the end of this month and just the thought of it freaks me out a bit.  Okay, a lot to be fully and completely honest.  I know it's just a number, I truly do believe that (my Gran is a shining example of this fact) and it's not that I'm getting older...I like to think of it as getting wiser :)  There are a few things I thought I would have accomplished by this time.  There's no need to list them here.  Rather, let's be positive about this upcoming milestone...  I've accomplished a lot in my last thirty years. 

I own a home - multiple homes actually (not our smartest decision but... be positive Susan!)
I was able to live alone and loved it!
I lived in the heart of Reston...a smaller scale version of NYC :)...
I walked to the grocery store, restaraunts and work
I have a college degree due to some determination on my part
I have a supportive and loving Husband who I can't imagine my life without
I have four fabulous fur-kids
I have a vehicle that is still running even with her grumbles in the morning (trying to be positive...)
I have a job which I enjoy very much and where I've been collectively for close to six years!
I have amazing friends who have stuck beside me and held my hand through life's events
I can sew and craft :)

All of the above are fabulous accomplishments, yet it makes me realize that above all those things...
I am alive
I can walk
I can breathe on my own
I am not in constant pain

The Big 3-0! :)


.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! You are amazing! If this is what you've done so far, imagine what your Next 30 years has in store... wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caitie - that's the positiveness I need :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete