About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PSE9

Photshop.  All the professional photographers have it (or so I think.)  Anyone who is anyone in the photography world deals with photoshop (again, or so I think.)  Well, baby, I got it!  WAHOO!

It is my birthday present from the Husband...  I've talked about wanting it, so I can jazz up some pictures like the best of 'em - bloggers that is.  Now for the reality of it, I don't know a damn thing about it.  Never used it, no idea how it works or what all the little gadgets are.  Not a one.  But I will learn and it will be glorious!  Joy and I are going to conquer Photoshop like we are back in college again.  Well maybe not the same way since now we have responsibilities, unlike in college. :)

So, here goes Test #1 (haven't even read the booklet or tutorials, am just winging it)...

From the 30th... figure I can have some fun with this action shot!
Just opening the picture in PSE, it wants you to put a name to a face and will recognize/organize by person if you want - very cool!

Accented Edges
Just trying to save this picture to upload it, I need to learn about 'version sets'.  I want to create a flame coming off the candles and maybe get rid of the picture in the background, so that isn't a focus.  I tried to create the flame but kept getting some error message because I need to do something else first, but I have no idea how to do any of it...

Tutorials here I come...there is ALOT to learn! 

2 comments:

  1. Look at you--schoolin' me already Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Photoshop!!! Check out Worth1000.com, there are a ton of cool tutorials there. Some are things you'd never actually have a practical application for (like making a chocolate frog) but some of them are really neat. I use PS to make coloring pages for our church and my kids using photos and artwork as the base (catholiccoloringpages.org).

    ~ Amanda (nee Osius)

    ReplyDelete