About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  I went to my Mom's for brunch this morning and had a wonderful time, just the four of us...Mom, Dad, Dustin and I.

After opening presents, I found myself telling the story of previous friends who didn't treat their numerous animals well and ultimately how we came to have Little Miss.  In retelling the story, I realized that we are incredibly lucky to have our wonderful animals.  They are always so happy to see us - each in their own way - and it would be crushing to lose one of them in any way.  Chase and Mason were from the Fairfax SPCA in 2005, Hunter from Lost Dog and Cat Foundation in 2008 and Parker from friends when she was just three days old in 2008.

I received an email from LDCF looking back on the previous 2010 year.  Within it, there is the below video link...it's fabulous to see all those animals gain loving homes.  Just to warn you, it made me cry!


As I sit here, our zoo is hanging out with me in the office with Parker on top of the entertainment center, Chase the cat in my lap, Mason sitting with Jim Morrison in a chair and Hunter fast asleep in my orange chair.  I love each and every one of them immensely!

In addition to my current zoo, I will never forget these two...


These are my dogs growing up...Moe and Ashen.  They came home as a surprise from Daddio, so tiny and cute!  They didn't stay little for long, this is a picture of them at nine months old!!!  Brother and sister, Moe was more Rottweiler and Ashen was more Doberman Pincher.  They were wonderful dogs with their own quirks and lived a long life. They made our days brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment