About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

To Do List

Okay, so we are officially counting down the days until Christmas is upon us...  I can't believe it's in less than a week!

Jay and I are hosting his parents this year and with the Big Day being on a Saturday, my husband doesn't have to work the actual day which is a rare occurrence in this neck of the woods.  So of course, down comes PA to join in the festivities.  Jay's other sister, Karen and her husband are staying with Kathy and Dennis, while Jay's 'rents are staying with us.  Originally there was going to be a lot of back and forth between our house and Herndon (K&D's house) but logistically it just doesn't make sense.  The in-laws and I will head to Herndon in the wee hours of the morning to see the girls open their presents and after a few hours, Jay will come join us (so Hunter isn't home alone all day long!)  After an early dinner, Jay and I will skip over to my aunt's house to see one side of my fam then back home to the zoo.

So that is the plan, which wasn't the point of this post!  In preparation for the arrival of PA, I have a 'To Do' list.  For those of you who know me well, you are not surprised by this - not even close to surprised.  I love lists.  They make me feel accomplished.  I love making a list and writing something on that list that I know 100% certain that I won't forget to do, but put it there just so I have at least one item to cross off.  Because crossing something off the list is the best part!

I'm rambling... Here's my To Do by Friday AM list: (in the order I wrote it down late last night :))

  • Clip cat's nails -- Done, with some growling involved but treats afterward :)
  • Vacuum -- Done on Friday
  • Dust -- Done on Friday
  • Wrap presents -- Will do tonight
  • Make sure guest room is ready/towels stocked/shampoo and conditioner -- Done on Friday
  • Hang wreaths -- might not happen - Nope, sure didn't
  • Paint hallway -- a long stretch - Wasn't even a thought to do
  • Buy stamps -- Done on lunch break Thursday
  • One more laundry run -- Done
  • Make rice krispies -- Done on Friday
  • Call Joy -- Done and as always fabulous talking to her and hearing Mr. Owen
  • Visit Heidi/Call Eric -- Jay and I visited her day after Christmas
  • Three more presents
  • More wood -- Being delivered tomorrow AM and then need to stack it by Friday
  • See the Madre and Bro -- tentatively scheduled for either Friday or Jan 2nd depending on this list -- Done, see post here
  • See Daddio -- tentative on schedules, hoping to catch dinner one evening -- Done, see post here
  • Mail out Christmas cards (possibly after Christmas, but whatever) -- Done Monday after Christmas
  • Sew something :)
That's a hefty list but manageable with Friday off work and possibly Thursday too.

Here's to hoping you all have a fabulously wonderful Christmas and have time to relax with loved ones!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment