About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mom to three cats and one dog (each with their own personalities), working woman, renovator, landlord and friend. I love to laugh, read a good book, enjoy spending time with family and friends and hanging with the Zoo! This blog is keep track of the comings and going our house and this great adventure called life. Enjoy!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Starting fresh...

I had a salad for lunch today!  Yahoo, so happy about that...and my work pants that I haven't been able to wear in the last six months are too.  Just have to stick with it now...

Jay and I are starting our second year of marriage (our anniversary was yesterday, Sept 12th - more on that later) in a healthier mode of thinking!  We are focusing more on what we eat on a daily basis.  We aren't the most disciplined people, so this will be hard...I should correct that - I am not the most disciplined person but I don't believe in denying myself because I'll eventually breakdown and devour more than if I took a small sampling. 

Here are a few 'changes' trying to be made...(some more me than him)
  • Eat more eggs = protein, protein, protein!
  • Purchase one item from the Organic aisle at the grocery store each trip with the hope that eventually more items items on our list will be found there
  • Don't over indulge (see above comment)
  • Eat more salad
  • Eat more fruit - bananas are good 'wake-me-up' items and a handful of grapes are a great snack
  • Walk Hunter the Dog every evening (at the very least three times a week)
  • Exercise outside of Hunter's daily walk = a slow progression from sit-ups while watching tv (when I do watch it) to P90X weekly to daily
Here we go...hopefully this blog can help keep me honest.  My work pants definitely will! 

Happy Healthy Monday everyone!

1 comment: