Jay and I are starting our second year of marriage (our anniversary was yesterday, Sept 12th - more on that later) in a healthier mode of thinking! We are focusing more on what we eat on a daily basis. We aren't the most disciplined people, so this will be hard...I should correct that - I am not the most disciplined person but I don't believe in denying myself because I'll eventually breakdown and devour more than if I took a small sampling.
Here are a few 'changes' trying to be made...(some more me than him)
- Eat more eggs = protein, protein, protein!
- Purchase one item from the Organic aisle at the grocery store each trip with the hope that eventually more items items on our list will be found there
- Don't over indulge (see above comment)
- Eat more salad
- Eat more fruit - bananas are good 'wake-me-up' items and a handful of grapes are a great snack
- Walk Hunter the Dog every evening (at the very least three times a week)
- Exercise outside of Hunter's daily walk = a slow progression from sit-ups while watching tv (when I do watch it) to P90X weekly to daily
Happy Healthy Monday everyone!